众所周知,monkey指的是猴子,around指的是周围,所以monkey around是指“猴子在旁边”吗?才怪呢!
A female Yunnan snub-nosed monkey and her two infants are seen in the Baima Snow Mountain Nature Reserve in Yunnan province. Wang Changshan/Xinhua
1 “monkey around”是什么意思?
作为名词的monkey是猴子的意思,但在这种口头表达中使用动词,说到猴子,给我们的印象是上下跳跃,一刻也停不下来。
作为名词的monkey是猴子的意思,但在这种口头表达中使用动词,说到猴子,给我们的印象是上下跳跃,一刻也停不下来。
所以,monkey around意味着“到处闲逛,无所事事”,而在特定的语境中,也可以表达“胡闹”的意思。
It is dangerous to monkey around in the workshop.
在车间里胡闹是危险的。
They just stare back at the crowds of people who turn out to watch them. Then they continue to monkey around and have a good time.
他们只是回头盯着跑出去看的人群,然后继续胡闹,玩得开心。
2 其他与monkey有关的俚语
那和monkey有什么有趣的俚语呢?
monkey business行为不可靠
His wife could do nothing about his monkey business at the club.
他的妻子对他在俱乐部的不可靠行为束手无策。
a monkey on one’s back遇到了麻烦
This project is such a monkey on my back right now—I can’t wait for it to be over.
这个项目真的很难。我希望它能很快结束。
monkey suit制服,礼服
I hate going to weddings and wearing a monkey suit.
我讨厌参加婚礼和穿礼服。
monkey see, monkey do有样学样
You must behave yourself, for your son is here. Monkey see, monkey do.
要注意自己的言行。
monkey see, monkey do有样学样
You must behave yourself, for your son is here. Monkey see, monkey do.
你要注意自己的言行。因为你儿子在这里,他会学习的。
to make a monkey out of someone让某人出丑,耍弄(或愚弄,戏弄,嘲弄)某人
You may make a monkey out of someone when you make that person look foolish.
你可能会戏弄某人,让某人看起来很傻。
more fun than a barrel of monkeys很有趣
He is quite popular with his friends because he is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
他在朋友中很受欢迎,因为他是个特别有趣的人。
3 常用的英语口语表示“别闹了”,收藏是必要的!
3 常用的英语口语表示“别闹了”,收藏是必要的!
所以,如果你身边有一群非常喜欢monkey的人 如何用英语对around的朋友说“别闹了”?
请接受这些超实用的口头表达!
knock it 别闹off;够了
Knock it off, you have shouted at me a whole day.
够了,你已经对我吼了一整天了。
drop the 别提project了。
If it’s going to start an argument, let’s drop the subject.
假如这件事会引起争议,那就别谈了。
cut it 别说out了;算了吧
Cut it out! You can’t treat me like this!
别说了!你不能这样对待我!
that’s enough够了
Don’t speak to me any more. That’s enough. Get out of here !
不要再和我说话了 够了。出去!
come 算了吧,得了
Come on, it’s five years of your life that we’re talking about here.
是的,我们在这里谈论的是你生命中的五年。
pack it in别说了Your complaining annoyed me and just pack it in, will you ?你总是抱怨我烦死了,别说了,好吗?(来源:沪江英语 编辑:yaning)资料来源:沪江英语
主题测试文章,只做测试使用。发布者:艾迪号,转转请注明出处:https://www.cqaedi.cn/baike/125542.html